Saturday, September 25, 2010

Things I've learned.. (part 1 and 2)

I've been making "Things I've learned this week" posts on my forum. Though I might as well document them on here too. :)


Week 1:

We finally got discharged on Saturday and headed home. The 2.5 hour drive left me sore and exhausted but man I'm so glad to be home.
We had a bilirubin check with our pedi on Monday and lil girl got her Hep B shot and had to have a heel prick. Let me tell you.. if you can manage it - don't go to that first pedi appt. alone - whatever you do. That first heel prick I witnessed had me crying like a baby. I even cried all the way home.. friggin hormones!

We've got so much help I don't know what we would do without my mom and IL's.. They've been doing all the laundry and cleaning we hadn't got to yet.. but we're really getting into the swing of everything else.. Feedings are going great. I've been pumping more than anything - little girl is going back and forth between bf'ing great and then not so great.. but I really don't mind pumping at all and thats going great. I almost prefer bottle feeding her because I know how much she's taking in - and it gives everyone else a chance to bond with her. Daddy has taken the 9pm and 3am feedings .. and I find myself getting up with him at 3am just to watch them bond.. Its a great feeling.. She's actually sleeping really well at night.. only getting up when we have to wake her up for feedings. I'm wondering how she'll do when we don't have to wake her up as much. :)


Today we got our first bath at home and I couldn't help it.. I had to take pics later of my clean baby..

No comments:

Post a Comment